(I amtrying to locate a "stick" or tool to use in picking up shells as I walk & comb along the beach. I have seen people using something that looks like a modified golf club. Do they make these themselves, our is there asource from which they can be purchased ?)


In medical supply stores that sell crutches, walkers, etc. they have such tools - a stick a couple of feet long with a sort of pistol grip on one end and a claw that opens and closes on the other end, for people who cannot bend over to pick up things. Larger pharmacies often have a department carrying such items.
(Answer by M. Paul Monfils via the Forum